Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Remind me to remember

When people go on vacation the sometimes like to bring back tacky trinket or souvenir to remind of the goodtime they had. Every time they look at the tacky trinket they are reminded of that goodtime. Some people will get will get a tattoo. I sometimes watch the reality show Miami Ink it’s about a tattoo shop in you guessed it Miami and the tattoo artist that run it and the customers. Each episode customers will come in the shop wanting tattoos that remind them of something that happened in their life whether good or bad some want on to pay tribute to a loved one. Most just want one because they like the tattoo culture and the art work. I have a friend Lauren that has quite a few tattoos over her body they are all very cool and nicely done I’m not sure if any of them are there to remind her of anything but, are still nice to look at. Sometimes after an accident or surgery you are left with a scar some are hardly noticeable most you can see. my friend James had surgery on his knee after an injury that youc an see. I’m sure every time he looks at it he is reminded on how he hurt it and the pain he went through the brace he wore the surgery and then his recovery.I had open heart surgery when I was four and I have about an 8 inch scar down my chest (it’s sexy ladies) last year I had a defliberator placed in my chest to stop any further blood clots you can see it when shirtless (sexy again ladies) and feel it through my shirt. So there is about a 3 inch scar across my heart (not so sexy) In Genesis 32:22-40 it tells the story of how Jacob wrestled with God. After they wrestled God did tafew things. He a few things He left Jacob with a limp and told the Israelites do not eat the tendon attached to the socket of the hip, because the socket of Jacob's hip was touched near the tendon giving him that limp he also changed his name from Jacob to Israel. God did these things remind Jacob, Jews, and us the struggle Jacob went thorough and Jacob’s victory over those struggles with the help and power of God. Once my recovery is complete I won’t have any limps like Jacob I will be whole. But, I will still have my scars when I look at them especially my defliberator scar. I will always be reminded and thankful for the miracle of the physical recovery from my stroke and the emotional and spiritual recovery God did in my life. So what does your scar, tattoo, or limp remind you of?!

No comments: