Sunday, June 1, 2008

Let's get this party started!

I had a blog about 5 years ago I mostly talked music and stuff nothing ever to serious or grammatically correct. I want to do the same thing this time but, more effort and less grammar errors. For this first one I just wanted to take it light and easy. I’ll get to seat squirming,tear jerking,and mind blowing stuff later.

Well, since I love music and people ask me for recommendations quite often and since it’s halfway through the year. I would make a list of the best albums so far this year according to me
1. Santogold-Santogold- A black chick from Brooklyn that has a nice mix of “indie pop/alternative and soul-like”. She makes a point in saying she is not R&B look for her remixes with Switch, A.C., and Spankrock.Top tracks- 1.L.E.S. Artistes, 2.Creator
2. MGMT-Oracular Spectacular- Proto-electro punk art noise rockers from Brooklyn but ultimately pop. Top tracks-1.Electric Feel, 2.Time to Pretend
3. Vampire Weekend- Vampire Weekend- These "preppie indie rockers" from NYC received a lot of positive ink for an album that has a blend of “indie rock’ and African-like vibe think late Talking Heads. Very catchy and addictive.Top tracks 1.A-Punk, 2.Mansard Roof
4. ManMan- Rabbit Habit- Philly’s noise clompers that sounds like if Tom Waits and Captain Beefheart formed a mega band of nonsensical lyrics and clommpy sounds. Top tracks1. Top Drawer, 2.Engris Bwudd
5. R.E.M.-Accleralte- Newest Album from Athens college rockers. That continues to keep their classic sound on this new album. The guys do not disappoint on this album with Stipes always clever lyric work. Top tracks 1.Supernautralsuperserious, 2.I’m gonna dj
6. Timemachine- Life is Expensive- L.A. indie hip hopers that bring us smart hip hop that has this new black and white duo of hipsters that has a highly anticipated album that does not fail. Top tracks 1.Something We're Becoming,2.The Groove That Just wont Stop.
7. Coolkids-Bake Sale-This pair of young blippsters (black hipsters like me) give us a hip-hop album that harkens back to the golden age of hip-hop with..I really like these guys they have a authenticity that Lupe Fiasco will never have . They bring this new trend of urban bmxers and skaters that I’m love with.Top tracks 1.88, 2.Gold and a Pager.

I know some of you may not be too familiar with the music listed here. But, I assure you its all quality stuff. In the future I will try to bring you post that will inform, entertain, encourage, and mostly allow you to get gnarly! Feel free to leave comments from time to time and call me out if necessary. Please fell free to tell others about my blog.

Be Rad,
Manny

No comments: